Our client is a privately-owned UK investment and asset management company who have been in the industry for over a decade. They primarily focus on investing in large-scale renewable energy projects. Specifically, target investments in solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, waste-to-energy, battery storage and other proven renewable energy technologies.
They are now looking for a head of development in Europe to be responsible for leading their development strategy in Europe.
- Leading all aspects of our clients project development activities in Europe with a view to maximise number of MWs realised
- Oversight of projects through the development cycle from origination, through land acquisition, permitting, grid connection conditions, through to financial close
- Capability to build an in-house development team from scratch with a view to originate and develop a proprietary portfolio of projects
- Support the investment team in identifying and negotiating new development partnerships and/or project acquisitions across a range of technologies
- Minimum five years’ experience in renewable energy project development with a focus on PV & Onshore Wind, with a demonstrable track record of successfully seeing projects through to the development process through to ready to build
- Experience of end-to-end project development including land acquisition, building & environmental conditions, and grid connection conditions
- A well-developed network in the European renewables sector