Chat with us, powered by LiveChat AlphaReal completes the acquisition of a 40-megawatt solar facility in the United Kingdom - Infra-Be

Submit your CV

    Attach a CV (Accepted file types: pdf, doc, docx, rtf.)

    AlphaReal completes the acquisition of a 40-megawatt solar facility in the United Kingdom

    AlphaReal, the investment manager, has successfully finalized the purchase of a recently commissioned 40-megawatt solar facility in the United Kingdom. The acquisition involves Bubney Energy Centre Limited in Shropshire, acquired from an undisclosed global renewables developer.

     

    This solar site represents the largest ground-mounted installation within AlphaReal’s renewable energy portfolio. The transaction required careful consideration and negotiations concerning the site’s engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC), operations and maintenance (O&M), as well as asset management (AM) contracts.

     

    Investment Director, Renewable Infrastructure at AlphaReal, Raza Ali, commented “It was an interesting deal to negotiate because the site combined aspects of both greenfield and brownfield, but we have sizable experience in both areas for over a decade. The site is a strong addition to our £1bn portfolio of renewable energy assets.”

     

    A recent study commissioned by AlphaReal, examining UK pension funds and insurers responsible for a combined £359 billion in assets, indicates that 90% of them intend to boost their investment in renewable energy over the next year. The remaining 10% express the possibility of making increases.

     

    The survey also highlights that 54% of the surveyed pension funds and insurers in the UK are involved in ground-mount solar energy investments. Looking ahead, 56% plan to significantly increase their allocations in the next five years, while 15% aim for a slight increase, and 14% plan to maintain their current allocations.

     

    CEO of AlphaReal, Phillip Rose, added “Pension funds, insurers and other institutional asset owners are looking to increase their allocation to renewables, and our research suggests solar is amongst the most attractive asset classes for them. We are therefore delighted to increase our investment in solar which is playing a key role in the UK’s green energy transition.”

     

    Who are InfraBe?

    We are a leading global infrastructure and renewables search & recruitment business. Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date on our opportunities and current news. Please get in contact to discuss your hiring needs, salary bench-marking or market information: info@infra-be.com.

     

    Join us on our podcast and subscribe to our newsletter to embark on an enlightening journey through the exciting landscapes of infrastructure and renewable energy. Stay connected, stay informed, and be part of the InfraBe community.

    🎙️ InfraBe Podcast: Exploring the World of Infrastructure and Renewables

    Tune in to our engaging podcast series where we dive deep into the dynamic realm of infrastructure and renewable energy. Join us as we discuss industry trends, innovative technologies, sustainable practices, and insightful interviews with experts and thought leaders. Stay informed and inspired on the go, gaining valuable insights to shape your perspective on the ever-evolving landscape of global infrastructure and renewables.

    🔗 Listen to our latest episodes: Youtube, Spotify, Amazon Music or Apple Podcasts

     

    📬 InfraBe Newsletter: Your Gateway to Industry Insights

    Stay ahead of the curve with our curated newsletter, delivering a regular dose of industry updates, exclusive content, and noteworthy developments. From project highlights and market analyses to career tips and emerging trends, our newsletter is your comprehensive source for staying informed in the world of infrastructure and renewable energy. Sign up using the form at the top right of this page.

    Back to News & Views Start Hiring Now